I love spring! Clean crisp, flowery smelling air, a sense of new beginning, and of course new spring makeup trends to try. Gone are the deep, comforting colors of fall and winter, and in are the lighter, brighter, more awake colors of spring and summer. I could probably spend a full day (or maybe more like a week) shopping online for spring makeup goodies. It is definitely something I find incredibly hard to resist. I do try to hone in my makeup buying so that I am in on the trends, without looking like a complete weirdo though. Below are the top spring makeup trends that are hot right now and my suggestions for clean, all natural products you can get to help you bring the looks to life.
1. Bold Glossy Lips
The perfect way to make a statement, but still keep things soft for spring. This is probably one of the easiest spring makeup trends to try – find a new eye-catching shade and you are all set.
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio-Extreme Lip Gloss in Cherry Red
- Juice Beauty PHYTO-PIGMENTS Liquid Lip in Apple – Hot Pink
- Vapour Organic Beauty Elixir Lip Plumping Gloss in Rebel – Neon Pink
- Shea Moisture Shea Butter Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Jenny – Bright Fuchsia
- Jane Iredale Pure Gloss Lip Gloss in Sugar Plum – Shimmering Hot Pink
2. Fresh Glowing Skin
This is a mainstay makeup trend that seems to come back around every spring. Who doesn’t want fresh glowing skin that makes it seem that you just got up looking that perfect. Makeup and/or primers with moisturizers and a hint of sheen work the best for this spring makeup trend, but a highlighter will also work well.
- Jane Iredale Dream Tint SPF 15 Moisture Tint
- Honest Beauty Everything Primer
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio Brightener Stick
- Juice Beauty PHYTO-PIGMENTS Illuminating Primer
Not just for art class anymore! Glitter is all over the place for spring makeup. You can go bold and chunky glitter or more of a sparkle or glimmer. The easiest ways to incorporate this trend is with eye shadow, or a lipstick or gloss. Bonus points for adding a glittery gloss on top of your bold gloss.
- Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Eye Shadow in Allure – Shimmery Light Peach
- W3LL PEOPLE Elitist Eyeshadow Powder in Golden Mocha
- Nvey Eco Hydrating Lip Lustre in Cristal
- Jane Iredale 24-Karat Gold Dust in Silver
- Juice Beauty PHYTO-PIGMENTS Sheer Lip Gloss in Shimmer – Champagne With Pearl
4. Colorful Eyes
Spring = color, and right now colorful eyes are in. The runways showed everything from dramatic colorful cat eyes and eyes rimmed with a rainbow of eyeliners.
- Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Vibrant Ocean Blue
- PACIFICA Super Powder Supernatural Eyeshadow Trio in Champagne, Supernova, Sky
- Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Eyeshadow in Magic
- Honest Beauty True Velvet Eyeliner in Truly Purple
- Mineral Fusion Eye Pencil in Azure
5. Bold Blush
As with a bold lip above, bold blush in oranges and pinks was also seen extensively on the spring runways. For us normal people, I would stay away from combing a bold lip with a bold cheek and pick just one or the other.
- Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Blush in Mystique
- Juice Beauty PHYTO-PIGMENTS Last Looks Blush in Orange Blossom
- Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-Use Blush Stain in Impulse
- Mineral Fusion Blush in Smashing
- Honest Beauty Creme Blush in Truly Daring
6. Imperfect Smudgy Eyes
Gone are the days of having to create the perfectly lined eye with that impossible to use liquid eyeliner. Spring’s new look is an imperfect, smudgy, mostly smoky eye. You could also try doing the imperfect eye with a colorful eyeliner. I wouldn’t get too carried away though or you may look like you just rolled out of bed instead of slaying the spring runways.
- Jane Iredale Mystikol Eyeliner in Smoky Quartz
- Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eyeliner in Ink
- Pacifica Smolder Eye Lining Gel in Midnight
- Honest Beauty True Velvet Eyeliner in Truly Black
You can’t have spring without pink. Bright pinks, soft petal pinks, and bold fuchsia are all ok here. Try the pink trend with the bold blush trend, or a soft pink blush or eye shadow with fresh, dewy skin for a winning combination.
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lip and Cheek Tint in Peach Glow or Strawberry
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Strawberry
- Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Eye Shadow in Hush – Sheer Soft Pink
- Mineral Fusion Lipstick in Inspire
- Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Blush in Barely Rose – Soft Cool Pink
- Jane Iredale Dual Eye Highlighter Pencil in Pink/White
These 7 spring makeup trends are easy and fun ways to get into the season, without having to spend a fortune on a new wardrobe to do so. With all of the clean product choices out there now, you have no excuse not to try at least one of them!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I recommend these products because they are products that I personally use or companies that I have found trustworthy.